Books banner

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Page Turner Prize

Got some great news today, folks. I've been shortlisted in Contact Publishing's Page Turner Prize.

I entered my novella 'Crack', a thriller set in a violent London estate, which I wrote around two years ago. There are only ten shortlisted entries, and the winner receives a three-book publishing contract with Contact Publishing.

If you'd like to check out a sample of Crack, I've shoved one up on Circalit. It's what hacky critics would probably describe as 'gritty', which means the characters use awful, repulsive language. Things like the F word, and yes, even the C word. I know, I'm a terrible person.

Super psyched about making the shortlist, shame that Sunderland couldn't boost my mood by caning Chelsea for a second time this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment