Books banner

Tuesday 1 February 2011

The story so far...

In 100 words, so I don't waste too much of my own life or yours:

Born, grew up, nerd at school, discovered alcohol, discovered projectile vomiting, toned down alcohol consumption, worked in retail, it sucked, switched to tech journalism, discovered alcohol again, won UK Author writing competition with first novel 'Bat Boy', wrote second novel, sent it to evil agents, pile of rejections, said 'f*** it' and played Playstation instead.

That's pretty much 28 years to date. I'm about to try the evil agents again with my second novel, 'Dead Dogs' - I'm a sucker for pain I guess. The book's a darkly comic tale about a Polish family who are persecuted after moving to Albania, narrated by a 14-year-old boy called Mikael. He's got a sick sense of humour, kind of like me, and I'm really happy with the way the characters and the story turned out. Now I just need to convince someone to publish the damn thing.

You can read a sample of Dead Dogs on Circalit.

No comments:

Post a Comment